CLICK ON ANY ITEM BELOW!
Best Makeup Products of 2017
I curated this list of my favorite, most-used, most-loved, holy grail makeup products of the past year! I love doing this roundup and sharing my thoughts on why I love them and what makes them the best in my opinion! I highly recommend all of these!
Bonus- all products from cruelty-free makeup brands!
Introducing the BEST MAKEUP PRODUCTS of 2017, the awards go to…
1. BEST PRIMER: This primer goes on sheer and helps to even out my complexion. It helps to wake it up and make it look fresh and hydrated when my skin is looking a little dull and lackluster. It’s a great base to use before applying makeup and it’s good for all skin types.
2. BEST FOUNDATION:
Light Coverage: This has an SPF 30 (which is always good) and is perfect for every day.
Medium-Full Coverage: I don’t wear foundation that often, (I lean more towards tinted moisturizers) but this is one that I will wear. It has a natural finish, lots of shades to choose from.
3. BEST CONCEALER: This Kevyn Aucoin concealer is my holy grail!
4. BEST EYEBROW PENCIL: This Anastasia brow pencil is the simply the best! It’s simple and easy to apply.
5. BEST EYE PRIMER: I use this base for eyeshadow, it evens out eyelid area and makes eyeshadow look bolder and last longer! Comes in more shades to match your skin tone. Even on days I am not wearing eyeshadow, I put this on to even out the base of my eyelids.
6. BEST EYESHADOW: I’m a fan of basic brown eyeshadow palettes so when I saw this I had to get it! Everyone needs a basic brown eyeshadow palette. Perfect for daytime/work and it also creates more dramatic looks for evening/date night.
BEST EYELINERS: I may be a little high maintenance when it comes to eyeliner as I had to break it down into four categories since they have different purposes and places I use them:)
7. BEST MATTE- I became obsessed with Marc Jacobs eyeliners and use a couple of the brown liners on my lower lash line (I use this brush to smudge it out to create more of a natural smokey eye effect and not a harsh line).
BEST SHIMMER- I put this one on my lower waterline- it’s so pretty!
I also love and use these black eyeliners daily.
8. BEST FOR TIGHTLINING- This is the perfect black eyeliner if you tight line your eyes (I always tight line my upper lash line), the small tip is soft, pointed, and glides on like silk. The black is also very black and bold which I like!
9. BEST LIQUID LINER- This felt tip eyeliner is perfect for lining the upper lid (and if you like creating a cat-eye/winged liner or a very slight one like I do!).
10. BEST MASCARA: I’ve tried more this year, but still can’t let go of this mascara because it is simply the best for volume and length!
11. BEST BRONZERS: My favorite makeup product would have to be bronzers! They bring so much life to the face and give that sun-kissed glow that I love! My top two that I used equally as much is this Becca bronzer and this Hourglass bronzer. Both are gorgeous!
12. BEST BLUSH: This is the same as last year. I tried other blushes but I still love this one the most because it is long wearing (blush is usually the first makeup product to wear off during the day) and the shade is a peachy pink which is perfect for any day of the year!
13. BEST HIGHLIGHTER: These highlights are very subtle, but I think they really make a world of difference! I mostly use the lightest color on the highlights of my cheeks, on my nose, and forehead. It leaves such a beautiful glow to the face. It’s very flattering to the skin and looks so pretty! You will be surprised at how natural it looks, but what a difference it makes!
14. BEST LIPSTICK: This brand has some of the best quality and shades of lipstick! The shade I wear the most and that I think is just perfect for every day is Liv It Up. My favorite bold pink is Bosworth’s Beauty and favorite nude is Kim KW. They are all very high quality and so stunning!
15. BEST LIPLINER: This lipliner is a beautiful deep rose color, but there are more shades available. The formula is amazing and it’s only $10!
16. BEST SETTING SPRAY: This setting spray helps my makeup to stay in place and last longer throughout the day. It may seem unnecessary, but it is a game changer!
If you’re interested in more, here is last year’s Best Makeup Products – I still love and use all of these!
SHOP THIS POST: