Aloha beauty lover!
Now that winter has officially begun, I rounded up my favorite (and new) beauty products that I’ve been using this past fall (but they are great to use year-round!). I’m so excited to share these with you. I love trying new products, but I am not shy to return something I don’t like, so these products I share are tried and true and I’ve been using them consistently. Best of all, and perhaps, more importantly, all these products and brands and CRUELTY-FREE!!! (I’ve been purchasing only cruelty-free brands since summer of 2015- more on that later).
- This Ambient Lighting Palette by Hourglass is absolutely gorgeous. It is nothing too obvious and gives the softest glow to your skin. Living in Hawaii, I have to have a light hand with highlighters since I am always out in the bright sun (which shows and reflects everything), so I really love the gentle glow this gives the face without being too “obvious” or harsh.
2. What can I say, this Too Faced mascara is my all time favorite and I had to make another purchase of it. I love how it brings so much volume and length to my eyelashes. The pink color is perfect and the “jumbo” size of it makes it easier to apply than regular size mascara tubes.
3. I have literally gone years with wearing nothing more than a tinted moisturizer, but recently I started trying some medium and full coverage foundations, including this Cover Fx Natural Finish Foundation and it has by far been my favorite. A game changer. It looks so natural and it’s been perfect for those days I want a little more coverage. I still reach for my Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue most days, but this has definitely become a “go-to” for date night or special occasions.
4. Essences are having a moment right now and this May Coop Raw Sauce is no exception. It’s has a silky texture and is made with highly concentrated in maple tree sap to help your skin absorb your skincare products more effectively. I love the way it feels smooth and silky on the skin (especially on the neck and decolletage area) and is a great way to prep my skin for the skincare that follows. (More on my skincare routine later!) Also, it comes it two sizes so you can try the smaller size (which is what I did) for only $14.
5. The Perfect Bite Set by Bite Beauty a set of four (smaller size) lipsticks. I wasn’t sure what to expect with these, but I am trying to find some new lip products so I thought I would give this a try and so glad that I did. The formula is creamy and smooth and has great staying power. The darkest color I haven’t worn yet, but the other three I reach for all the time, and I always bring one along in my purse. I highly recommend this brand if you’re in the market for a new lipstick!
6. This is a cult favorite bronzer by Nars. I finally tried it and haven’t worn another bronzer since. The shade (Laguna) is perfect and gives my skin that sun-kissed look without being orange-y or patchy. I absolutely love it!
7. Love this nail polish by Formula X. I can go almost a week with very little chipping! Sephora is discontinuing this brand and almost everything is only $5!! So it’s a great time to stock up on your nails polish! And while you’re there pick up their “Delete” nail polish remover. #changedmylife
8. I wish I would have known about this purple shampoo years ago! It is great for blonde highlights as it keeps your highlights from looking orange or “brassy”. The sun tends to turn my hair more on the red/warm side, so this purple shampoo acts a refresher and makes my blonde highlights feel and look brand-new again. It only takes about a minute and I use it about once a month. (Although check with your hair stylist/directions on the bottle).
9. As soon as I saw this skincare gift set, I thought it would be a perfect time to try some of the brands I’ve been interested in. This was a good value for what it was, and I will definitely purchase more from the Drunk Elephant and Tata Harper lines!
My favorite items:
Drunk Elephant Day Serum (the box carried a sample size of this):
Tata Harper Purifying Mask – I’m OBSESSED with this and want to try everything in this line! It feels amazing and like it giving my pores a deep cleaning while making my skin look refreshed. The quality of this is incredible!
Hope you enjoyed this post and found a beauty product you would like to try! Let me know in the comments below if you’ve tried any of these products and what you thought about them. What have your favorite beauty products been this past fall and what recommendations do you have for me?